top 0.88% this month
B.S. in Materials Science
Notable Questions: (none are mine)
- Can flames be colored black?
- Why are snowflakes shaped as they are?
- Why is it that every snowflake is unique?
- Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- Is toothpaste solid or liquid?
- Why is Borax used as a primary standard?
- Why do copper (II) complexes contain so many valence electrons?
- Why is (NH4)2[CuCl4] square planar complex but Cs2[CuCl4] is tetrahedral?
- Why is absolute zero unattainable?
- How do organic chemistry mechanisms become accepted?
Good Questions Needing Answers:
- Reaction mechanism for reduction of alkyl halide to alkane
- Mechanism for conversion of gem-dihalide to carbonyl compound
- Quadrupole moment of a molecule
Notable Meta Posts:
- 20 most viewed questions that need answers (Updated 6 Dec 2018)
- Let's do the bounty dance!
- Suggestions for synthesis-golf targets
- Comment Templates
- Should "Chemical Request" questions be on topic here?
Member for 3 years, 2 months
936 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago