top 2% this year
B.S. in Materials Science
Notable Questions by other users:
- Can flames be colored black?
- Why are snowflakes shaped as they are?
- Why is it that every snowflake is unique?
- Why can a diamond be broken using a hammer if it's the hardest natural substance known?
- Is toothpaste solid or liquid?
- Why is Borax used as a primary standard?
- When a candle burns, why does the top of wick glow if bottom of flame is hottest?
- Why do copper (II) complexes contain so many valence electrons?
- Why is (NH4)2[CuCl4] square planar complex but Cs2[CuCl4] is tetrahedral?
- Why is absolute zero unattainable?
- How do organic chemistry mechanisms become accepted?
- Quadrupole moment of a molecule
- Why does graphite have a high melting point even though its intermolecular forces are weak?
- Is there a haloalkane for astatine?
Good Questions Needing Answers:
- Reaction mechanism for reduction of alkyl halide to alkane
- Mechanism for conversion of gem-dihalide to carbonyl compound
- Synthesis Golf X: TAK-457
- Why does saline have a pH of 5.5?
Notable Meta Posts:
- 20 most viewed questions that need answers (Updated 6 Dec 2018)
- Let's do the bounty dance!
- Suggestions for synthesis-golf targets
- Comment Templates
- Should "Chemical Request" questions be on topic here?
- Please exercise your votes
Member for 3 years, 8 months
1,429 profile views
Last seen 20 mins ago