Let's say, I am washing my cloths "by hand". My steps would be:
- I take a basin of about 20L
- I pour into it some water
- I pour my detergent (the required amount, about a spoon) and a bit of bleach
- I put my cloths (for a volume of about 3L) and stir a bit.
- Then I let everything sit for 6 hours. After that, I rinse my cloths with fresh water.
My question is: will my cloths be cleaner, if, in step 2, I pour 15L of water rather than 5L (enough to "sink under water" all the cloths for about 2 to 3 cm) ?
Arguments in favor of 5L: the detergent and the bleach will be less diluted (but does it really mater for the bleach and for the detergent?)
Arguments in favor of 15L: the detergent will have more water to react with, to remove the stains (but does it really need 15L rather than 5L?)