I take potassium as a supplement in the form of potassium citrate. I dissolve a small amount in tap water and I drink it. Usually, I need to stir a lot, and sometimes I warm the water a little to make it easier to dissolve the potassium.
Recently, I bought some sparkling water (San Pellegrino, but I don't think that makes a difference) and when I put the potassium in it, it reacted making it bubble a little and it dissolved immediately.
Why is that? Did the potassium react with the CO2 or something else in the sparkling water?