I was reading a journal based on SiC reconstructions, and they seem to mention that every dangling bond in the $(1\times 1)$ unreconstructed Si face or the $(0001)$ direction bonds up with a Si adatom placed in the corresponding $T_4$ position and hence leads to a $(\sqrt{3}\times \sqrt{3})R30^o$ reconsruction. enter image description here

Now, I do realize what is happening extremely clearly, but I want to know which nomenclature they use to name the position of the Si adatom on the C atoms (dark red dots) as the $T_4$ position. I would be really grateful for the help, any books or article citations in that direction would also help. I absolutely do not know whether it is a symmetry group or something else.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.