My Momma bought a copper pan made for induction because it was the only one she could find that she wanted and was big enough to pan fry half a chicken.
But I noticed something odd about the copper. It seems to be magnetized. I thought that was impossible because copper is paramagnetic, not ferromagnetic. How is that possible that a paramagnetic material could be magnetized and remain magnetic even when a magnet is nowhere near it? Is it possible that they purposely put tiny amounts of iron in the copper to magnetize it and let it retain its magnetism kind of like how neodymium magnets aren't pure neodymium?