Found this in my lab on a random shelf (water quality lab). It is old enough that nobody knows where it came from. I think it's a constant level device. It has in- and out-flow connections, as well as electrical plugs for some kind of monitoring equipment. The only writing is on the glass, which says "FSTREEM [ASTREEM?] MADE IN ENGLAND". The inside float looks like it is meant to float up and down, while the thin metal wire keeps track of its level via a small electric recorder. What is this thing called, and where can I find more info? I think its a constant level device Thanks!

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ FiStream google.com/… $\endgroup$ Jan 3, 2017 at 18:42
  • 2
    $\begingroup$ I sent FiStream an Email with a picture. $\endgroup$ Jan 3, 2017 at 18:47

1 Answer 1


Thanks Joseph. Knowing that it is a Fi-Streem product, I called/emailed them and got an answer from their friendly support tech. From his email response: [This] is a "Switch Level Device, front" that is used in conjunction with an older series Fi-Streem (Fisions) Still, which is no longer manufactured. The part number for this item is, 06756."


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.