I'm looking for the name of a piece of equipment similar to a syringe. The only difference is that this item is made entirely from glass. The purpose of this equipment is to collect gases.

Here is a photo of two of these pieces of equipment connected to a gas-washing bottle:

Two of those things connected threw am gas-washing bottle


This piece of laboratory glassware is a gas syringe. Apparently, gas syringes are not standardized; however, typical models have a capacity of 100 ml. Some models include a GL 14 screwthread tube, a stopcock, or a three-way stopcock.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.