I have a project that I'm working on at the moment, but I'm stuck on this detail. I'd like to find out what can I supplement beeswax with that is organic, non toxic, and safe if accidentally consumed, in order to speed up decomposition rate of beeswax to a time frame of about 1-6months. Any ideas?
As far as I know beeswax does not decompose. If you just want to melt it, use heat. If you want to break it down using a solvent, try turpentine (paint thinner).
I would try d-limonene or maybe perflubron if you can find it. Both are non polar non toxic solvents so they should work. Another thing that I have heard might work is vegetable oil or most other oils you can find in your kitchen. But otherwise d-limonene is the best bet because it's organic, nontoxic, and safe to consume.