I am interested to separate a sample matrix via a method very similar to chromatography. The reason I am asking about this is because I am planning to integrate this method with my SERS application.
- A droplet of sample is placed at position X.
- 50/50 Methanol/water is dropped at position Y.
- The chromatography plate is outlined as red. It is made of silica gel.
- This plate is placed flat on a table.
- The solvent does not overflow to the sample drop area.
- The solvent can only travel via the direction of the arrow
- The solvent will dissolve the sample while it is travelling.
Will this actually work?