How would you change the chirality of a compound such that (S,R) becomes (S,S)? That is how would you synthesise a compound from its diastereomer?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Can you make this question a bit more concrete? Both (S,R) and (S,S) forms of a molecule are diastereomers as they have more than one stereocenter. Beyond regioselective stereoinversion, this question doesn't really have a specific answer. $\endgroup$ – Richard Terrett Mar 26 '13 at 4:02
  • $\begingroup$ You mean you want me to add an example of particular significance to me? $\endgroup$ – Josh Pinto Mar 26 '13 at 5:14
  • $\begingroup$ @BrentonHorne - An example would be helpful. The methods of changing a chirality center's configuration vary significantly in ease and reagents by functional group. $\endgroup$ – Ben Norris Mar 26 '13 at 13:43

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.