How would I synthesise LY-293,284?
Figure 1: LY-293,284
I have satisfied the conditions at the page Should we allow Synthesis questions subject to the six constraints listed below? so please don't just write off this question and close it. The constraints are satisfied as followed:
- Starter material(s): 5-acetylindole.
Figure 2: 5-acetylindole
I have completed a Google search to check for LY-293,284 synthesis pathways by typing "LY-293,284 synthesis" and there were no applicable results.
I would imagine the synthesis would occur via the following pathways:
- Phenylation of the 5-acetylindole to phenyl-5-acetylindole.
- Oxidation of the resulting phenyl-5-acetylindole with oxidising agents such as potassium nitrate?
- Di-n-propylamination of the resulting 5-acetylindolylphenol with di-n-propylamine to LY-293,284.
The synthesis I'm hoping is simple.
- LY-293,284 is a 5-HT1A receptor full agonist.