I spilled some cleaning fluid/drain opener in my trash can, a long time ago(almost 3 months ago), I didn't tried to clean it up. The cleaning fluid was diluted, and I spilled a small amount not more than 30 ml, I think.
The bottle does not say, what the cleaning fluid contains, but it probably has Sodium Hydroxide(if it is an alkali-based cleaner) or Hydrochloric acid(if it is an acid-based cleaner).
Now, what I have heard about Sodium Hydroxide, is that it reacts with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and lose its corrosiveness over time.
So, is it possible that NaOH got completely carboxylated in 3 months and nothing corrosive remains?
Now, about strong acid such as Hydrochloric acid, since they are hygroscopic, do they become dilute over time?