I want to draw a sketch of my apparatus for my report. I am conversant with the AutoCAD drafting software. Where can I download CAD blocks for commonly used labware items (like round bottom flask, allihn condensor, drying tube, heating mantle, retort stand, etc.)?

  • $\begingroup$ Possible duplicate of chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/4731/… $\endgroup$ Jul 24, 2015 at 16:40
  • $\begingroup$ Yeah, thanks for pointing out that one, but I see there are no answers to that question too. $\endgroup$
    – Abhishek
    Jul 24, 2015 at 17:26
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @Todd I don't think it makes sense to close a question as a duplicate of an unanswered one. $\endgroup$
    – M.A.R.
    Jul 24, 2015 at 20:52
  • $\begingroup$ @inɒzɘmɒЯ.A.M - Agreed, and my bad for not following up. Let's keep it open. $\endgroup$ Jul 24, 2015 at 21:27
  • 1
    $\begingroup$ @Abhishek - does it have to be CAD? Found this which looks more like UML but might be of use. $\endgroup$ Jul 24, 2015 at 21:31

1 Answer 1


ChemDraw has a couple of templates with all kinds of laboratory glasswere. Here is a screenshot of some of the possibilities: Clipwere selection from ChemDraw Professional 15.1 Clipwere selection from ChemDraw Professional 15.1


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.