First of all i'm no chemist, this is not homework and if you need further clarification please ask. I'll be happy to provide!
Imagine that you:
- have 1 kg of any given chemical X
- A car battery
- A semi-controlled combustion chamber (chamber temp is initially 20ºC, pressure is 1atm, the chamber is either vacuum or filled with atmosphere "air"...)
- As much atmosphere "air" as you want, initially at 20ºC...
- A not so potent air-pressurizer... you might be able to get 3atm out of it...
The goal here is to get the most energy out of reaction as possible. So the question is: What chemical is X?
- X doesn't have to be consumed all at once as in a explosion reaction... Damage/Destruction is not the goal
- If you can combine X with something in the air, and then use it to fuel the reaction, increasing the energy output, great!