I accidentally overheated an aluminum espresso maker, to around 250-300° C in my estimation, but it might be even higher - I didn't measure, though. After research, I found that the material used is an aluminum alloy named Aluminum 1110. Now I wonder if, in general, overheated aluminum cookware is still safe to use. To find out, I would first need to know:
What can happen to an aluminum alloy when overheating? Will an aluminum alloy release (significantly) more aluminum (or other elements/molecules for that matter) after overheating? And out of sheer curiosity, why would that happen?
From the help page, I couldn't quite tell if this is the right place to ask, so excuse me if it isn't.