Here is related material I once posted:
Also, commentary in Bretherick, Volume 1, page 23-24, to quote:
A student mixed aluminium foil and drain cleaner in a soft drink bottle, which started emitting gas. Another student carried the bottle outside and was claimed to have been overcome by the toxic fumes . Most drain cleaners are alkalis, so that aluminium will dissolve to produce hydrogen. The bleach that it is is suggested may have been present will produce no toxic fumes in alkali, and one would be surprised to find arsenic or antimony compounds present. If the collapse was not purely hysterical, the remaining, though remote, possibility would be phosphine. The soft drink the bottle had contained was one of the many perhaps best described as impure dilute phosphoric acid . "
A related comment attributing the formation of gases like arsine and stibine from nascent hydrogen per this source.
Education on nascent hydrogen interaction is important so as to avoid toxic gases that may be inadvertently and unexpectedly created in significant amounts.
Now, in the context of extensive employment of Al foil in your home, there is a potential danger that an acid/base is attacking the foil. This could release active (nascent) hydrogen atoms.
The latter could interact, for example, with compounds in physical contact, like paint (containing perhaps zinc sulfide). This may, hypothetically, result in the release of odorous hydrogen sulfide. This is a problematic gas, but even more deadly gases could arise also (per source above).
As such, I would advise removing the Aluminum foil (or, at least areas in contact with paints,...).