Recently I ran out of dish washing detergent, so I decided to pick up one of the recipes online, to make my own "ecological" dish washing detergent alternative.
- Mix ingredients:
- 400ml of water
- 200mg of kitchen salt
- 100ml of vinegar
- juice squeezed from 3 lemons
- boil for 10 minutes
After I stopped boiling and left the mixture to cool down, the fluid turned dark gray. Bottom of my stainless steel pot turned black. Here is a photo of it (after I did some scrubbing, but you can still see black on the side):
What happened? (What chemical reaction?) Additionally, are any of the formed substances known to be toxic?