$\ce{R-PO3^2-}$ is called a phoshonato group (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/searchId.do?chebiId=30931)

$\ce{R-PO3H2}$ is called a phosphono group (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/chebi/searchId.do?chebiId=48108)

So, what is: $\ce{R-PO3H-}$ called ? I can't find it, it seems to be largely ignored. Auxiliary question, is one of the two possible enantiomers of this form dominant ? Is there anyway to know this ? Or is it by definition distributed in a 50%/50% manner ?

  • $\begingroup$ Edited back to the original format (what was that edit anyway ?) $\endgroup$ – Martin F Jul 31 '19 at 14:45
  • $\begingroup$ — Monophosphonic acid $\endgroup$ – SteffX Aug 1 '19 at 14:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.