I am in search for a formula that gives me the refractive index of a gas at a given temperature and pressure. Does such a formula exist? Ideally the solution should have this form:

$n_g(t, p) = \ldots$,

where $n_g$ is the refractive index of the gas $g$, $t$ is the temperature and $p$ is the pressure.

  • $\begingroup$ n(g)-1=k* density, the k factor is called Gladstone-Dale coefficient. You can always look up gas density in the literature tables. books.google.com/… $\endgroup$ – M. Farooq Apr 26 '19 at 12:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.