I understand that adding borane to an alkene will produce a hydroborane. Addition of -OOH will form an alcohol.
My lecture notes state that addition of borane to:
- A carboxylic acid will form an alcohol
- An amide will form an amine
- An aldehyde/ketone will form an alcohol
- A nitrile will form an amine
- An epoxide will form an alcohol
- An alkene will form an alkane
- An alkyne will form an alkene
I can't find the mechanisms for these anywhere. I'd appreciate seeing a few of them, namely carboxylic acid to alcohol, amide to amine, epoxide to alcohol and alkene to alkane. I should then be able to have a good crack at working out the rest.