What topics can I ask about here?
Chemistry Stack Exchange is for scientists, academics, teachers and students of chemistry.
Questions may be of any level, but should be of the following types:
- Questions asking for explanation of a chemistry concept
- Questions relating to observed chemical phenomena
- Questions about experimental techniques and technology
- Questions about nomenclature, standards, et cetera pertaining to chemistry.
Some kinds of questions aren't allowed here:
Do-my-homework questions: Homework questions are OK, but they must follow these guidelines. Please don't ask "do my homework for me" type questions-- we only clear conceptual doubts in homework questions and will not do your work for you.
Pitches for your own personal theories or work: We deal with mainstream chemistry here. Anything that couldn't be published in a reputable journal is probably not appropriate at this site.
- Computational questions: If your question is purely about numerical methods you are using in a simulation/etc, it is probably more appropriate at Computational Science.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Chemistry Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"